Friday, June 20, 2008

Back when...

Just drove by IWU and was reminiscing a bit. I usually don't care to think about the college days. They were good but I didn't think I'd ever want to do all that work again. Today, I had second thoughts. I'd love to be back in college...

...when all your meals were prepared and dishes were done by someone else (and if you didn't end up liking something, you didn't feel bad about throwing it out and getting something different or not finishing all your food).

... when going to Wal-mart was something to look forward to have a break from the "daily grind".

...when you only had 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom (and maybe a living area) to clean up and the messes were all yours.

...when you had a job that "wasn't really" a job.

...all the bills went to your parents and you only had to put gas in your car on the weekends you were going home (and your parents paid you back when you got there.)

...the only things you really had to think about was class work (not "real" work, cleaning, washing laundry and dishes, cleaning some more, mowing the yard, reading books and playing with your kids, cooking, cleaning some more, AND class work.)

Need I go on? Ahhh, the "Good Old Days!"

No comments: