Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Alex's First Day


I'm all ready!

Wow, I'm a bit nervous. I'm not sure what to think about all this.

This backpack is getting heavy. Can we go to my room yet?

Listening to Mrs. Reeves

Mrs. Reeves


Today I left my baby in the capable hands of a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Reeves. He is in the same class as a couple of his friends, but still wasn't hesitant to go. He complained during the 3 block walk tht his legs were hurting and was much more clingy than usual. But I know he was excited at the same time. He is going to a brand new charter school and I think having all the other parents and kids there at the same time was intimidating, but I'm sure my not so little anymore outgoing one will be fine. And yes, Momma will be fine too.... eventually!

2 comments:

Deven said...

Sigh. They grow up so fast. Double sigh.

Keetha Broyles said...

I remember those "first days of school" What a milestone!!!