Well, after watching some of my teacher friends getting to post about crazy school closings, it's my turn. Thanks to my pregnancy bladder issues I was already awake at 5:45 when the substitute calling system called this morning. I dragged myself out of bed again, rushed into the living room to get the phone before the answering machine did, happily accepted my first substitute job at the elementary schools (see below for why I was happy about it) and then sat there thinking about what I just did. Then a thought popped into my head... "Church was cancelled yesterday due to the severe low temps (although it was a beautiful sunny day) so just maybe...." Sure enough. After checking the school's website and a couple of news stations online I was satisfied that I had the correct information. School was cancelled.
I'm actually a bit bummed about it simply because it was my first day to sub in the BRF Elementary schools. I applied to sub last October but just as my license came through, it was time to go back to work at TNT for the New Year's season. Having hired Ray to do what I was doing plus a lot more and having the NY season over, I am now available to sub. The Daycare kept me busy for the last two weeks and today was my chance to be back in an elementary school. Oh well! And it's not that we have that much snow, 4 inches at most, but the feels like temp is about -43! Do the math... that is a whopping 75 DEGREES BELOW FREEZING!
Tomorrow is my day to stay home with Alex because of storytime at the library and my 30 week Dr. appt (10 more weeks to go) so maybe Wednesday I'll get my chance to sub again! Never thought I'd look forward to subbing... must be going crazy.
By the way, please pray that our house in Marion and our Subaru Outback sell soon! I really want to stay home with my boys for awhile and those are the two things right now that may be standing in the way of that! Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment