Monday, May 21, 2007

You've Got to...

"You've got to laugh a little, cry a little, until the clouds roll by a little. That's the story of, that's the glory of love." From "The Glory of Love", sung by Bette Midler.

In the past 2 weeks I have done a lot of crying, mostly from exhaustion. I've done a little laughing, thanks to my beautiful boys. And slowly, but surely, the clouds are rolling on by leaving God's peace knowing He has everything under control and doesn't need my help.

The most recent reason for laughing comes from Colin! On Saturday he graced us with some of his first real smiles. Daddy got them first, but I'll forgive him for that someday :) I haven't been able to get a very good pic yet, but I certainly plan to keep on trying.


2 comments:

Deven said...

Today is my first day alone with both kids (since Stephen had some paternity leave and then we took a vacation). I'm about to do some crying myself. :) Someday, we will sleep again.

Bekah said...

Amy - I'm so proud of your for the way you are clinging to the faith you've been growing. 1 Peter 1:6-7!