Friday, July 06, 2007

New Bunk Beds



Thanks Grama and Papa Wilcox for Alex's new bunk bed! As I mentioned in a previous post, Alex had outgrown his toddler bed so I've been praying that we'd find a bigger bed for him soon. Last week we ran into some friends of ours and I just happened to mention that we were looking for a new bed and she just happened to have one she was going to sell at her garage sale this upcoming weekend. It was a wonderful answer to prayer!

Alex has dubbed the top bunk his "living room"! The bed only came with one mattress and it wouldn't have left enough rail room for me to feel comfortable letting Alex sleep on top, so we got some heavy duty double walled cardboard and covered it with a sheet to create a floor, added the couch, light and Mickey and created a cool little place for Alex to hang out and read or play.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Very cool! I love little reading nooks. That looks like the PERFECT spot! What a blessing the timing was for you too!! :)