Thursday, December 13, 2007

Praise!

I got back a little while ago from a meeting with the principal at a local school here! She heard (through the school nurse) that I was back in town and she called yesterday to see if I'd be interested in taking a 3 month maternity leave position at her school! Of course, I jumped at the chance! It is in the Learning Disability room which I don't know a whole lot about but I'm sure I can piece things together and I know I'll have lots of help from my coworkers! The best thing about it (besides having a job every day in the same place for 3 months) is that after 15 days of sub pay... I start getting the daily rate that I would receive if I was a permanent teacher. This is more than double what I would make as a sub!!!!!! We'll still have to try to live on our sub pay and save the extra for the summer in case we are without work for a little while. But that is a great sacrifice to have to make!

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

You Go Girl!!!

I used to sub in Bluffton and I actually really LIKED what they called the "Resource Room." BUT, I never was in there for an extended time, so didn't have to make my own lesson plans. Still, I'm thinking you will like it.

Amy R. said...

I'm pretty sure I will like it too! I'm really going to like having no more than 6 students at a time!