Alex has said some hilarious things lately, but I can only remember 4 right now.
"I have a chicken egg on my head." (He got a goose egg when he tried to climb over the baby gate and hit the back of his head on the door frame.)
"Mom, can I have some more dog chips?" (aka puppy chow on New Year's Eve)
"Can I have some cream cheese, please? You know the kind with the little balls?" (aka cottage cheese)
"I want skrinkled eggs, not big eggs." (aka scrambled and hard boiled eggs)
He's also been riddling away with Chris on the way to the sitter in the morning. I'm so glad that he is thinking critically already! After working with kids with learning disabilities and mild mental handicaps all day, it's refreshing to hear him processing and comprehending so much. The best riddle he's given was this morning. "What's black and has yellow stripes and yellow rectangles?" It stumped Chris for a bit until Alex added this clue, "You drive on it!" I probably would have never gotten it without that final clue. It's pretty bad when you get stumped by a 5 year old.
At least today I had a good excuse for my mental handicap. Chris and I were running on about 3 hours of sleep today because Colin decided last night was the time to cut his 3rd molar (11 teeth total - one for each month. He'll be 11 months on Sat.) He pretty much screamed and threw a fit all night. Needless to say, I'm heading to bed as soon as the boys are tucked in and we're making sure the Tylenol is nearby in case the other one decides to appear!
2 comments:
I always had good results from rubbing some topical Anbesol on their gums when they were cutting teeth.
I remember those days - - - -
Long, long ago - - -
Now its just hubby and me rattling around in this house, and we rather LIKE it this way!!!! ;-)
Hadn't thought about Anbesol. Alex screamed louder when we put Orajel on his gums. I have some in the diaper bag but totally forgot about it. Bad Mommy!
Post a Comment