Monday, October 09, 2006

The Gift of Life...


God has once again blessed us with the gift of life! Amy is now 13 weeks pregnant!

We are excited and scared all at once. Some of you may know, but last August we lost a baby, Timothy, when Amy had a miscarriage.

The past few weeks has had its' ups and downs as we've been extra sensitive to all the changes taking place as this little child grows.

Amy will be due sometime around April 17, 2007.

I'm excited and a little scared to be a Daddy again. I struggle more often then I'd like to admit at being a dad to Alex. I find myself sometimes so frustrated and quick to anger. Then there are other times when I am able to take the time to love him and hold him. It's an a moment filled with awe as this little man looks to me and asks "Daddy, can I sit on your lap?" or when he asks, "Daddy, will you watch tv with me?"

When Alex has had a bad day at his preschool, I'm always quick to defend his behavior. I don't let him get away with it, but there are those times all I want to do is find out why, so I can help him to become better the next time.

Do you think our Heavenly Father is like that? When God looks down at me when I've had a "bad" day at the warehouse, does He just roll His eyes and ask "Why?" What about one of those days when I haven't been the witness for Him that I should be?

I've been so busy that I can't remember the last time I set aside time just for Him. When was the last time I asked Him if I could sit on His lap? Ha! Not just sit on His lap, but just to be still and listen.

My heart's desire is to serve Him in everything I do. I long to be the best Daddy, Husband, Son, Brother that I can be. One of the songs I've sung in churches is called, "Oh, I Want to Know You More". The Spirit has gently reminded me of them. O Lord, help me to apply them to my life today.

May I ask you to pray for me as a Dad? Will you also please pray that Amy and I will find peace in Christ? Will you please pray that God keeps my wife and our new baby healthy? Thanks so much. I can already sense the power of your prayers.


Just the time I feel that I've been caught in the mire of self,
Just the time I feel my mind's been bought by worldly wealth,
That's when the breeze begins to blow, I know the Spirit's call,
And all my worldly wanderings just melt into His love.

CHORUS:
Oh, I want to know you more,
Deep within my soul I want to know you,
Oh I want to know you. To feel your heart and know your mind.
Looking in your eyes stirs up within me cries that say I want to know you.
Oh I want to know you more.

When my daily deeds ordinarily lose life and song,
My heart begins to bleed, sensitivity to Him is gone.
I've run the race, but set my own pace and face a shattered soul,
Now the gentle arms of Jesus warm my hunger to be whole.

CHORUS:
Oh, I want to know you more,
Deep within my soul I want to know you,
Oh I want to know you. To feel your heart and know your mind.
Looking in your eyes stirs up within me cries that say I want to know you.
Oh I want to know you more.


And I would give my final breath
To know you in your death and resurrection.
Oh I want to know you more.
Oh I want to know you, to know you more.
Oh I want to know you more.

Words and music by Steve Fry
Copyright 1994 Birdwing Music and BMG Songs, Inc. Birdwing Music Admin. by EMI-CMP.
All rights reserved. Used by permission.

1 comment:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Hey Chris! No idea if you remember me, but I was also in Chorale with you. My maiden name was Syswerda and I married Jason Grate. We'll be praying for you and your new little one!