Well, this post has nothing to do with its title. I figured though you couldn't wait to read it. Of course, I could have started out with telling you a story about the time we went to the zoo and all of the sudden a lion got out of its cage and chased us all around, but then that wouldn't be true.
I believe that is actually a Madeline story. Do you know who she is? Those of you with children might know. You may have the songs memorized to all your child's favorite tv shows or videos. This song is now rolling around in my head: "I'm Madeline, I'm Madeline...." AHHHHH!
Now what does that have to do with anything...I don't have a clue! I just wanted to type it and since this is my blog, I can do that right?
I've just received two emails asking me where I was and if I was ever going to blog again. Well, since the last time I blogged a lot has happened. So here you go, you asked for it. I will say, that you will get pictures added to this later, so be on the lookout....
The second weekend of October took us to Fort Wayne, Indiana for an awesome family reunion with what would be my Mom's side. I'm very proud of my family as that all 36 of us (I think I counted right) have relationships with Jesus and are serving the Lord wherever we may be. We take the weekend Fri - Sun and we spend the time at a hotel playing games, catching up on our lives, swimming in the pool and of course eating together. But the best part of all is that on Sunday morning we have our own little church service. One of our family members speak (3 are pastors and several have had a chance to preach in their church) and shares with us whatever God has laid on their heart. We also take the time to sing and worship together with music. It is the coolest thing since many of us sing, hearing the blend of melody and harmony and then to know that all of it is for His Glory! This was our third annual and every year it seems to just get better and better.
BABY UPDATE:
Amy and baby continue to do well. We are a little relieved as we believe we have made it through a critical time period in her pregnancy. Amy and I got to hear the heartbeat on Oct. 23 and the emotion that rises up from your heart as you hear this gift of life is more than I can describe. We have appreciated your prayers and ask that you will continue. We know that no matter what, God is in control and we have placed this child in His hands.
ALEX UPDATE:
Alex turned four years old on November 1. We went down to Marion, Indiana, this past weekend so that we could visit our friends that we miss so much. I left Amy and Alex there so that they could continue the time with friends. Alex called me up on his birthday morning because he couldn't wait to tell me that "I am four today, Daddy!" Amy informs me that throughout the entire day everyone around him also heard (i.e. Walmart, Church, even at the restaurant). I miss them so much, but knew this would be a time my family needed.
Okay...first of all, I got to give God praise for everything you just read! It is because of Him that this is all possible! Dear Jesus, thanks so much for all you give to me and my family. I had a chance finally Sunday night to go to the church (in Marion) and just play piano and sing. I was supposed to be working on my budget for the facility I manage. The first hour or so was devoted to Him and His praises. I hadn't touched a piano since I got to Wisconsin. That was almost six months ago!
It's amazing when you are doing something God has designed you to do what happens inside. I was playing and singing and praising, going through some music in a book, when God opened the floodgates of my soul. It was like what my great-grandma used to always tell me, "tears are holy water that purge the soul". It was like that for me. I believe some of it was a type of grieving for what we had left behind.
We had a great healthy church (Chapel Pike Wesleyan) with all the fixins. Amy had a Ladies Bible Study that helped her grow. I had one of the best guys' groups of which I've ever been a part. Alex had the opportunity to be raised not only by us, but by a true church family. You know, the kind that actually cares for all the kids and isn't afraid to discipline or love where needed? You know...the way it should be.
I also had the most extraordinary chance to lead the greatest group of musicians I have ever known. We had some of the most exciting times of worship through music. So, that "soul cry" was for a lot of things. It helped me see just how much we missed that fertile soil. Oh, I know that anywhere God puts us is fertile soil, but to have a pastoral staff that wouldn't let you go, that would reach out deliberately, not just out of obligation was amazing to us.
One more thing...and I'll let you go.
PRAYER UPDATE:
For several months (ever since we left Marion) we've been praying for our house to sell. Amy started to worry about it a lot and I can't say that I wasn't concerned. We found out half way through that our roof was leaking and well, we didn't have the money to fix it. When we were at the beginning of our marriage we got ourselves into a lot of debt and with the help of family and friends and their coaching, we are finally seeing the light and the end. So I've been adamant that we can't get another loan. FYI - The Bible has a verse that says the borrower is servant to the lender...and all the people said..."AMEN!" I didn't want to once again be bound by that, so I stuck to my guns.
We would have some little arguments always ending with me saying, "God has always taken care of us. We've always had a roof over our head, food to eat and more. We need to trust Him." I know...easier said than done. But I was trusting Him because if I had time to share every moment of my life, I could prove to you His promise that He would never leave us is TRUE!
Our savings was depleting due to basically two house payments (rent & house), so I decided to email my boss to let him know our situation. Two weeks went by and we continue to pray and ask others to pray.
God answered our prayers yesterday...no the house didn't sell..not yet...
My company agreed to give us a housing allowance until the house sold! I couldn't believe it, because I didn't expect it. I tried to get a hold of Amy in Marion, but couldn't. So I called my Dad and he rejoiced. I emailed my Grandma and she rejoiced. Then I tried Amy again. Hmmm...where was she? So I called my Grandpa and my Mom. I tried Amy again. UgH!!!! Then I decided to hunt her down. I called the church and got the phone number of someone she was with...oh, and I told the Pastor too. Finally, I got in touch with her. I told her I had the most wonderful news. When I got done sharing what had just happened, she starting sobbing with joy.
GOD HAS ONCE AGAIN BEEN FAITHFUL! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!!!
1 comment:
It was so great to see you guys when you were down here!!! :) PRAISE GOD for the huge answer to prayer for your house! That gave me goose bumps!! - Love, Bekah
Post a Comment