Saturday, November 11, 2006

First Snow in a New World


IT SNOWED!!! Sure we only got maybe 5 inches, but it snowed! Alexander was more than excited! I will admit, so were Amy and I. It snowed all day while I was at work and we woke up this morning to this.

Amy being the picture princess of our family had to take the first pic and she did a great job. This is from our deck in the back. We then all got bundled up and took the time to play in the snow. Of course this was begun once Alex saw that the snow was dripping from our roof. The whole time we were getting ready he was screaming.."It's melting, it's melting. Hurry, Daddy!"

Daddy and Alex made the snow man, with a little help from Mommy. Daddy started it while Alex and Amy were having a snowball fight. No, they weren't fighting with each other. They were throwing the snowballs at me.

Then Alex wanted to sled down the little hill that's on the side of our driveway/parking lot. We don't have a sled yet. I know, I know, bad Daddy. :( But Daddy being the genius that he is, found a box in the recycling, opened it up flat and we used that to do a little sledding. It didn't work great, but we sure had a fun time. I'm going to see if I can't stick a video here, but give me some time as I am still learning so much about blogging and how to make it work. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the pictures. The one with Alex and the snowman are now on our computer desktop.

I love my family. I am so very, very blessed.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

How absolutely adorable!! We only got 2-3 inches and most of it is melted now (thank goodnes).

Give Alex a hug for us!