Well, actually there's just not a lot of newsworthy things going on. I started a long term sub position 4 weeks ago in a Learning Disability resource room and I'm really enjoying it. The teacher I'm subbing for was due to have her baby on the 17th of January and had decided she that she wasn't going to feel like coming back to school on the 7th for the last few days. It's a good thing she didn't because she went into labor on the 9th. I'll be here until the 22nd of April!!! I'm also taking 2 college classes to renew my teaching license which expires in June. Two afternoons a week I'm the lead teacher at a local church tutoring program. It makes for 2 longs days but the money is good.
Chris had started his Tech and Tutor business up again (check out the link on the right hand side of this blog) and was enjoying working with his new clients until our computer crashed last week. Come to find out, the motherboard, CPU and power supply all went at the same time. Thanks to a very generous friend, he'll hopefully be back up and running soon. Chris is also taking care of the boys during the day when he's not subbing at the middle or high schools. He's also working on a few other things so stay tuned for more details as they develop.
Alexander is, well... he's Alexander! He's the sweetest most loveable kid one minute and then an ornery, whiny little manipulator the next. We've started giving him a TV ticket in the morning good for one show. And then he has to earn the next ones by getting dressed by himself, being good for Debbi or Daddy during the day and eating all his dinner. He can do so many things by himself but loves to use excuses like, "I'm cold" when he wants us to dress him, and "I'm tired" when he wants us to feed him etc. One thing hasn't changed though is how much he loves his "little brudder". We were at the mall a few weeks ago using some Christmas gift cards and every time someone would comment on how cute Colin was, he had to make sure they knew Colin was his little brother.
Well, I guess that's about it for now. Pictures will come as soon as we get our computer back up and running!
No comments:
Post a Comment