Monday, August 27, 2007

Missed it again...

When I got back home from a quick shopping trip last night, I found my 2 oldest boys laughing and encouraging the youngest to," do it again!" Come to find out, Colin had rolled over from his belly to his back and they were trying to get him to do it again. Would he? No way! I thought it was going to be a long while before he did that since he still pretty much hates being on his belly.


A few weeks ago I was helping Alex on the computer and heard Colin fussing on the carpet in front of the couch. When I went to check on him, I found him on his belly and I had put him on his back. Would he do it again? Nope! Since I'm the one who updates the baby book, it isn't going in until I see it with my own eyes!


Oh well, in other news... Colin is getting over his first cold. I took a break from "solid" feeding last week since it hadn't been going all that well anyway. I was lucky if he actually swallowed a baby spoonful out of the half dozen I tried to spoon in. He absolutely hated the rice cereal so we had bought a few bananas which he ate a little better, but still wasn't getting the hang of it. When I tried it again last Friday, he pretty much woofed down the bananas (mixed with a bit of rice cereal). He had had bananas a few days in a row before so I tried sweet potatoes on Sat. and he enjoyed those too.


I have decided to pretty much nix buying jars of baby food and make my own as much as possible. Thanks to http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ and a book a friend is letting me borrow, we think this is the cheaper and healthier way to go. When bananas are 39 cents a pound and 1 jar of banana baby food is at least 45 cents, it wasn't rocket science to figure out the way to go. We bought some small Gladware containers for food like the sweet potato that can be frozen until I need it. The book was bought in Europe so it will be an adventure trying courgettes and leeks for a few "feeds" later on (after I spend some time on Wikipedia trying to figure out what the heck they are).
Colin has also been trying to reach for toys a lot lately and has enjoyed his Step and Play piano. But his favorite toy is still his big brother. Yesterday was a "No TV" Sunday so Alex had wanted to play with his annoying fishing game where he uses a little fishing pole to catch fish as they open and close their mouths. Anyway, Alex had a lot of fun fishing for Colin's binky right out of his mouth. Then while it was still on the hook, Fishy Colin had fun trying to get it back into his mouth. It was priceless!

No comments: