Saturday, August 04, 2007

Waiting for His glory...

I'm way behind on my Today in the Word devotions and this was part of July 24ths devotion. As usual it was a good kick in the rear. Things are still pretty stressful around here. Vacation last week was nice and it's good to be home, but being home also meant getting hit with a bunch of problems, that any other time would not have been an issue.

For instance, I ruined some clothes with a red shirt (that had been washed a million times before). I put Chris' bird bath and hummingbird feeders in the dishwasher and melted them into abstract art forms. I didn't pump much last week because Colin was finally nursing well... only to come back to low milk supply and a TOOTH to chew on Mommy with Weds.

Anyway, after a near meltdown this week, God very nicely put everything back into perspective with his Word this morning.

1 Peter 4:12-13

12Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. 13But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

No, our situation hasn't changed, but I have 2 beautiful boys and a husband who loves me. And more importantly, a God who knows how much I can handle and the glory beyond my wildest dreams that I have to hold onto in the midst of this dark valley. Please keep praying!

No comments: